How to open the third eye chakra (Ajna)?
Written by: Loris Vitry (holistic coach)
Validated by: Cathy Maillot (Osteopath)
Caution: If you have any medical questions or concerns, please speak to your doctor. Even if the articles on this site are based on scientific studies, they do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Are you having difficulty making important decisions?
Do you feel disconnected from your intuition?
Do you feel too strongly attached to external things like money, relationships, food, or status?
Do you have difficulty keeping an open mind?
If so, these signs indicate that your third eye chakra needs to open.
Follow this guide to get there.
Location and role of the third eye chakra
Before considering how to open your third eye, it is important to understand that it is one of the seven individual chakras.
From the root chakra, at the bottom of the spine, to the crown chakra, at the top of the head, the seven chakras are powerful energy centers.
The Ajna chakra is located in the center of the forehead, between the eyebrows.
It is indigo in color and its element remains extrasensory perception.
The animal associated with the third eye chakra is the black antelope.
It is linked to spirituality, in the broad sense.
Given the meaning of Ajna (knowing, perceiving, directing), the balance of the third eye influences:
- The ability to form precise feelings.
- The meaning of the whole picture of life.
- The ability to achieve goals related to your deepest purpose.
- The balance between emotion and reason.
- The impression of stagnating or moving forward.
When Ajna is blocked, you may find it difficult to have faith in your larger purpose.
This will give you the impression that what you are doing is meaningless or insignificant.
You may also be struck by your inability to make decisions.
Some people describe it as a feeling of psychological paralysis.
If you have a blocked third eye chakra, you may have trouble sleeping, feel clumsy, and have a hard time learning new things.
Open the third eye chakra with 4 methods
The opening of the third eye is not as obscure or complex as it might seem.
Here are four of the most useful and easiest ways to make it happen.
Use stones and jewelry
There is a chakra color test that connects different shades to different chakras.
For the third eye chakra, the key color is purple.
The idea is to find jewelry with purple stones and wear them whenever you need to open the third eye chakra.
You can also purchase larger Third Eye Crystals which will fit in your pocket or the palm of your hand, allowing you to squeeze and focus on them when you need to keep your third eye chakra open.
Here are some of the best third eye stones:
- Purple Fluorite: This semi-precious stone is believed to promote sharp intuition and clear up cloudy thoughts. Use when trying to make a difficult choice and want to get rid of irrelevant distractions.
- Amethyst: Famous and beautiful gemstone, Amethyst is traditionally linked to third eye headache relief as well as all forms of healing, some people also use it to represent wisdom. / li>
- Black obsidian: it promotes the balance between emotion and reason.
Meditation and yoga techniques
Meditation is perhaps one of the first things that come to mind when you think about the question “What is a chakra?”
To begin :
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Breathe in and out ten times, slowly and deeply.
- Focus your attention on the location of Ajna
- Imagine a sphere of purple energy in the middle of your forehead
- As you continue to breathe slowly and deeply, imagine the purple ball of energy getting bigger and hotter, and at the same time, imagine it purging negativity from your body.
- Imagine absorbing the energy from the Third Eye Chakra and allowing yourself to feel it everywhere.
- Open your eyes when you feel ready.
Yoga can also help you learn to balance your chakras.
Third eye yoga poses include the child pose and the eagle pose.
The right diet to open the third eye chakra
There are also specific foods for the third eye chakra, and adding them to your daily diet can help prevent or fight blockages.
Keep the following points in mind:
- Dark Chocolate: If you like dark chocolate, feel free to take as much as you want when trying to open the third eye! It is said to help improve mental clarity and stimulate concentration.It is an excellent source of magnesium, which releases stress.
As a bonus, it promotes the release of serotonin, which puts you in a better mood.
- Anything Purple: Since purple is the color of the third eye, all purple foods promote its balance.Among the best examples: eggplant, purple cabbage, red grapes, ripe blueberries.
- Omega-3: Foods high in omega-3 can improve cognitive function and thus help keep the third eye chakra open. Nuts, salmon, chia seeds and sardines are good choices. / li>
Positive affirmations to use to open the third eye chakra
When designing third eye affirmations, in particular, you want to focus on spirituality, your instincts, and your basic sense of purpose.
Here are some examples you can try.
Do not hesitate to adjust them according to your needs:
- “I am the direction of my inner teacher.”
- “I know how to make the right decisions, and I do it with ease.”
- “I hear my hunches and I know they will lead me to my goal.”
- “I am on my true path”
- “I live each day in accordance with my life purpose.”
- “I trust the advice my third eye gives me.”
- “I have unlimited possibilities at my disposal”
- “I am an intuitive person, and I know what is right for me.”
- “It is safe and good to follow the advice of my third eye.”
- “My third eye is open and ready to see my goal.”
There you are, your Ajna is now open.
Now you can make the right decisions and take life on the safe side.